Sunday, May 16, 2010

Fun dives


I will never forget the diving in Palau!
When I look at the dives we did, all were excellent but some were really fun or exciting!  Blue Corner with it's sharks, turtles, huge groupers, steep walls and hard current was one of the best.



Ulong Channel with a 4 knot drift over corals and sand was the most fun;  Try avoiding many attacking Giant Triggerfish in full speed!  Like a rollercoaster ride!   Also caves Ulong Tunnel and the Blue Holes were great, with very nice wall diving after the caves.






Chandelier Cave was different, without torches an impossible dive, and mine stopped working on the way out...  So I just had to follow the others and try not to bang my head on the hanging rock formations...   There are 4 air pockets inside the different caves, so we could breathe normally above water.
Outside the cave we discovered the elusive mandarinfish, very small and very colourful.  I managed to take several good pictures by patiently waiting for 15 minutes on top of a rock with my camera ready on macro settings.  This fish was only about 3 cm long and very quick in movements! 
I heard people are coming from all over the world to see these...

No comments:

Post a Comment