Tuesday, May 4, 2010

In Helsinki

My short flight (40 mins) from Jyvaskyla to Helsinki was uneventful.  Checked baggage weighed 18,9 kg, result of a lot of practice in packing!  I always bring with me the oldest t-shirts to be used as nighties and after using them just chuck them in the bin.  This way I can buy new ones and on return, no excess weight...  :-) 
I also dispose of all the shampoo bottles, deodorants, toothpastes, books etc on the return journey;  They make up easily a kilo or two.  And if you've got too much weight, they could be expensive kilos!  Somebody might think that I'm wasting natural resources...  That's not true.  Always the maids collect everything that is left behind in a room;  Better to leave a note saying that whatever is there, can be taken by the maid.


The new Hilton Airport Hotel just next to Helsinki-Vantaa apt is very nice!  Only 5 - 15 minutes walk to the terminals.  In front of the hotel there are trolleys so you don't have to lug everything by hand.


Big rooms, lovely bathrooms and really comfy beds.  The only downside for a smoker is, windows cannot be opened so it's either nicotine chewing gum or outside for a smoke.  When you're ensconced under blankets watching TV on the 4th floor with the nightie on, the last thing you want is to get dressed and take a trip to the lobby!

The restaurant & room service are not the cheapest, though:  A cheeseburger is 19 € and if you order room service there is an extra 9 Euros charge...  A beer from the minibar is 5 €.





Tomorrow I have to wake up after 05.00 hrs.  From hotel here to hotel in Taipei, the trip takes about 22 hours... 

Aaargh, I hate this part!  Wish I already were there...

Well, good night for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment