Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Trip itinerary

So today's the big day;  My journey starts!


As I fly from my home town of Jyvaskyla in Central Finland, the first night I stay in Hilton Helsinki Airport and on the 6th, very early start to Vienna where I meet the rest of the group and from there we take China Airlines to Taipei.  In Taiwan we stay for two nights and a full programme awaits...  Straight from the airport (arrival at 06.00 hrs in the morning) to check in at the hotel, a change of clothes and immediately a city tour of Taipei, followed by hotel inspections, museums and a night market.  Whew!  Looks like no holiday to me!  :-)


The next morning we take a train to the countryside;  Hualien and Taroko National Park.  Trekking through a gorge, visiting temples and caves.  The scenery should be very beautiful, let's hope the weather is nice.  One night in a hotel and early morning train back to Taipei + airport.  8th May the flight to Palau and diving part of the trip!


In Palau we stay until the 15th May, I hear we're doing at least 15 dives. Great!  We get to see all the best spots:  The Blue Corner and Holes, Chandelier Cave, German Channel and Iro wreck among many.  Of course we'll have a look around on land, too, maybe canoeing + trekking, visiting villages etc.   And inspecting more hotels!

I will fly to Thailand in the evening of the 15th May and back home the 20th.  This part is my own and I'll be alone, except meeting some old friends in the Land of the Smiles.  Accommodation is still open, hopefully my friend can book me into some nice golf resort away from the  protesters.

Now I have to get back to the packing;  I've tried to pack only the things and clothes I need, but we'll see...

Our two cats sense again that I'm leaving on a trip;  They keep on "helping" me with the packing, asking for attention and shedding hairs on my clothes in the suitcase!

3 comments:

  1. Hello my little sister!!

    You have a very interesting trip!!
    How long are You going to stay there?

    Halauksin Hanne...le

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be back 20th of May in Finland, in the evening.

    ReplyDelete