Monday, May 17, 2010

Sawadee khaa, Thailand

Our flight leaving from Palau was over an hour late and as we only had had one hour and fifteen minutes to change planes, this was a tricky situation.  Part of our group headed home via Vienna, I continued to Bangkok.  We told the flight attendants that we had planes that we probably would miss, but they assured us that we would make them.  So when we landed, I had 3 minutes to the departure of my next plane...  There was a China Airlines guy waiting for us and we ran to the transfer counter and then all the way to terminal A building.  The planes were waiting for us!  Our suitcases stayed in Taipei, though.

I had a car with driver waiting at the airport, it took us an hour to reach Bangkok Golf Spa Resort in Rangsit, Pathum Thani.  About an hour away from Bangkok center.  Here everything is quiet, no Red Shirts, no mobs. 

I was supposed to move to a Silom Road hotel on Tuesday but I definitely will give it a miss!  In central Bangkok there is a curfew, so I would be stuck inside the hotel.

Nope, I'll stay put and play golf instead of shopping.

Today we had the biggest thunderstorm I've ever seen!  Luckily I started to play early and as I was alone, the round of 18 holes only took me 2,5 hrs with a golf cart and caddie, so I only got slightly wet on the 18th hole.

Tomorrow, on Tuesday, I'm playing in a tournament!

No comments:

Post a Comment